Saturday, August 14, 2004

Thar she blows!

I'd "caught wind" of the fact that there's been quite a storm brewing over on the Atlantic coast. I hadn't seen much about it on the news, but I did check weather.com yesterday, and I saw that hurrican Charly had basically eaten the whole Florida peninsula. I mean, It was literally covering the whole thing! That's a recipe for disaster...

So this morning we went to get coffee, and on the front page of the Sac Bee are picture of utter devesation! Right in the city that my grandmother lives in! The front page photo was of a liquor store... only one floor was left standing, and it seemed like a U-Haul had been blown on top of everything! Maybe someone just drove it there, though. I can't find the Sac Bee photo, but here are some others.
Anyway, I haven't been able to get in touch with my grandmother, so I hope she's ok!


No comments: